Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pilgrimage in February

So, here is today's "correction" to the post I wrote in the preceding message four months ago.  I've been struggling with my emotions and thoughts lately.  I turned Hailee over to someone who thought she could be thrown away and lost several friends in the process.  Violet  lost her turnout buddy, Molly, and has a new one named Mystery. In all the excitement of these changes, Violet has been kicked once on her hock, and hurt herself running on her coronary band, and in the past week was five times double-barreled kicked, including pinned in a corner and double-barreled four times.  She's been on stall rest for a total of one month over the past 7 weeks and still has about four days of stall rest.  I am trying to maintain my spirits.  Hailee is with a good family now, a kind family.  And she can come home if she needs to.  Violet is getting love each day, and exercise, and turnout in the indoor arena because of the kind care of St. George people.  Violet is in good spirits and has been bringing her best heart to her work.  And Renny continues to be a wonderful strong sweet bright pony.

So, I need to rest my spirits and focus on St. Francis' prayer.  I need to work on being an agent of love and comfort and hope and peace.  And I need to work on forgiveness.

I've decided that each month, my pets should be able to direct some of my money to charitable organizations.  Actually, my home pets have been doing this routinely, giving money to the Humane Society to honor Tigi and Teacake.  But now I want Violet and Renny to have a chance to direct money philanthropically.  They've been doing this activity for two months now -- this month they gave money to a mustang rescue association.  I have a feeling that they're going to want me to direct money to paying for riding lessons for young people, thoroughbred retirement foundations, and any sorts of rescues that involve helping people pay for feed, etc.  It'll be fun to research their options with them.

Anyway, today I hope Hailee is well.  And I hope that Violet knows that soon she will be outdoors again, very soon.  And I hope that she makes a separate peace with Mystery and doesn't get hurt anymore.  And I hope that I can help train Renny well, so that he has a chance to be a remarkable little hunter pony.  And I hope that I can nurture forgiveness in my heart, for those who judged me harshly, those who hurt my mare, and for myself.  I hope I can nurture forgiveness. 

My friend, Katie, said that I needed to pray each day for 30 days for good things for myself and for those who hurt me, and I needed to pray even when I didn't *feel* it.  So, I think I am going to make that list of good things I am hoping for and do this very reasonable task. 

Namaste.