Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Girl's New Life Again


Okay, I'm writing this entry on November 10th and Hailee has been gone to her new home for half a week.  I left for a conference last week and on Friday, Coy took her to Tennessee to live.  On Friday night, while I was at the conference, he texted me and told me that she was tucked in safe and sound.  And then on Saturday, he sent me the most beautiful photo of her pasture.  And then on Sunday, he told me that her new owner loved her.  That he had put her in a pen next to cows and Hailee for real began pinning her ears and lunging at them, just as you'd expect a competitive cutting horse to do.  The new owner loves her and her two trainers think that she's attractive.  So, I still feel grief when I go to St. George and see her empty stall, but I also feel some sort of happiness to know that she's having a chance to have a productive life and have a job.  I know I'll miss seeing her beautiful ears over Violet, but I feel happy imagining that maybe someday, she'll have more foals.  And what's nice is that I was able to sign the contracts in such a way that Hailee can come back to me at any time -- if she doesn't work out right away, if he wants to be rid of her downstream, or after she's retired from working and breeding.  He may be in love with her forever, but she also has a forever family with me!  I am just glad that Coy found me such a good strong person to have this lovely mare.