Monday, February 14, 2011

Little Mama! A Few Days Early, March 19th!



Okay, so I write my posts about 4 months in advance, so I did not know what was going to pop up for today's Valentine's Day.  This photo and video is from March 19, 2008, a few short weeks before Renny's birth on May 3rd.  So, now I'm writing this entry after reading the previous one.  I am writing this entry on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2011.  Hailee's plans were a lie.  Within two weeks, her new blankets and halter were taken from her and she was sold at a large livestock auction where she was kept in a pen with many other animals and lost lots of weight.  The intention of the seller was that I never find out until long long long after, so that I could suffer not knowing where she ended up.  But luckily, Hailee had a guardian angel and was rescued at that auction by a big-hearted skilled woman and her husband.  God watched out for Hailee and my family.  Through this horrible time period, I lost what I thought were several friendships and had my trust in the world damaged.  My mare was hurt and I was vilified.  Over these past weeks, I have been called some of the worst names in my life, including a liar and narrow-souled.  You can imagine what a strike to my core values this entire situation has been. 

But I have learned a great deal too.  I have learned that you have to keep on trying, keep on trusting.  And that you cannot be too vigilant, even as you rely on faith, hope and love.  You need to rely on people -- rely on the good hearts of good samaritans.  Rely on your friends and family -- the people who step forward to offer kindness, courage, loving hands, words of hope, plans for rescue.  But you absolutely have to be vigilant for people who are willing to hurt humans and willing to hurt animals in order to hurt humans.  You have got to be ready.  It breaks my heart that I failed Hailee so much.  She is such a good mare and a good mother to Renny.  I am grateful for her new home and for the people who still let me know about her well-being.  I'm not changing that previous post because it reminds me of how naive I was.  It reminds me that I was careless to put Hailee in the hands of unrepetentantly intentionally cruel people.
d