Monday, February 7, 2011

Violet's and My First Show!


In October 2010, Violet and I had been separated for a week because I was in Florida visiting family at Disney World.  In the days leading up to my trip, Violet and I had such fun relaxed rides.  We rode in the outdoor arena and jumped quietly and happy.  And she was calm and sweet and satisfied as we rode deep into our corners and worked in being soft and round.  So, I was excited to see how she might be after a week off.  I got back on a Saturday and our first show was on Sunday.  Well, it was a genuine hoot to see how she reacted to the show day.  You could just see the wheels turning in her head as she tried to figure out why all the people and horses were there.  But she was perfect.  She was calm, elegant, agreeable and talented all day long!  She was soft and relaxed.  And we had lots of fun jumping in our hunter under saddle and equitation classes -- though I trotted in and let her relaxed canter out.  We ended up earning two firsts and two thirds!  I was super happy because she was just beautiful. And the judge (who I had taken lessons from earlier that summer) said that I was like a different rider -- that Violet and I had come a long way.  She and I are a great team!