Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Good August Day!


A good August day for a ride and farewells!  I've learned so much this summer and over the past few years.  My herd and I have had a wonderful thoughtful skilled teacher.  We wish her well on her next adventures!  And though it's a random thought, on this August day, I was made very happy at the end of the ride.  I was sitting on Violet and Kelsey was sitting on Renny who was snuffling and blowing and slobbering with contentment.  And I was talking about how Renny would be good to sit on on top of a ridge looking down on cattle.  And Kelsey looked down at him and patted him and asked him if he'd like to go on vacation to a dude ranch and she looked casually over at Violet and said she wouldn't like it because Violet loves her current job of being a hunter -- she was a classic hunter, hunter, hunter.  I was proud of both my ponies.  And I felt blessed to learn from one of the best riders I ever met.  It's been magic!!!