Monday, August 6, 2012

Renny and His Teacher



This photo and video are from Kelsey's first training session with me present on May 14, 2012.  She'd ridden him once or twice while I was at home, visiting my dad.  I'm writing this entry on Thursday, August 2nd, the last day of my second summer teaching session to help support my ponies.  Soon the Fall semester will arrive and I'll be busier than ever and Kelsey will leave for new adventures.  She's going to law school at OSU.  She's been such a blessing in our lives over the past three years.  We arrived when Renny was a yearling and I didn't meet Kelsey for a full half year after that arrival.  But as Renny turned 2, she became his trainer.  And she has put such love, care, and skills into this pony.  He is brave, calm, accomplished, skilled.  He knows his job and takes pride in pleasing.  She's just a remarkable young rider and trainer!!!!  I'm going to be very sad to see her go, but very happy for her future adventures and success!!!