Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Violet Gives Her Best!


Here's another photo from my last training session with Kelsey.  We are getting ready to have some fun.  During our last ride, Kelsey kept commenting about how attentive Violet was.  She was being eager, but not anticipating or being bossy or rude.  She was just really focused on proving that she was a good athletic girl.  Kelsey said that she was responding in a big way to leg aids.  She practically did a 180 when she asked her to turn, for example.  Violet gave some beautiful leg yields and shoulders-in and haunches-in, in a relaxed clear crisp elegant focused fashion -- no fighting at all.  It was just the most pleasant ride.  She said that her canter felt rolling.  At the end, we were talking about my horses and she said that Violet was so smart and a good student and that she could feel exactly where Violet was, so her lead changes were easy to get.  I was just so proud of my mare, my beautiful granddaughter to Blushing Groom and Count Fleet.  She wants to please people and she's such a strong athlete and a caring soul.  I just love her!