Thursday, April 19, 2007

Counting equine blessings, Snowflake, Hailee, and Violet!

Last night, I went to Breezy Acres to visit Violet, and she was lovely, sweet, kind, intelligent, and friendly, as usual. I lunged her, chatted with her, and rode her. The wind was whipping and the ring walls and ceiling were creaking, but my big beautiful red thoroughbred girl just stepped out, floated, and gave her best to the task. I was happy with our quiet ride together. I am sharing in history -- I am so fortunate! I ride the descendant of Man 'O War, Count Fleet, War Admiral, and other fleet-footed noble big-hearted creatures.
And here's a picture of my first pony, Snowflakes Princess, who is a POA. My parents purchased her in 1979 when I was 15. I will never forget the day I went to the stable to meet her for the first time. Her sweet little grey nose, intelligent inquisitive face, peeking out at me from her stall. I knew immediately, right then that she was my girl. I was blessed that my parents brought that pony into my life -- she was the sweetest, kindest, most gentle and bright little pony. She just radiated good will and sweetness. And gorgeaus? Let me tell you! That Arab little face, grey dappled body, and white blanket with big black spots. Ouch. She was lovely. She gave me lots and lots of confidence and joy. I'll be writing about her more over the next few weeks, but for now, this morning, I just wanted to say that I've been one lucky person -- Snowflake, Hailee, and Violet. Three lovely ladies.