Saturday, April 7, 2007

My Sweet Violet's sweet eyes!


Here is my grubby Violet on the first day of spring. She's taking a peek outside from the indoor riding ring at Breezy Acres. She looked so muddy that day! But even today, 3/22/07, she's looking more lovely and red and soft and glossy. I spent a lovely afternoon trimming her bridal path, mane, and fetlocks, and just curry brushing her loose hairs and mud. I can't wait until she's summer glossy! I gave her a hug tonight while she was having her dinner. She gave me a happy look with that ever-sweet eye! What a honey! So, here's something cool that I've found exploring her pedigree. On her Runaway Bride/Wild Risk side, she has relatives named Wild Violet and Wood Violet. And on her Classic Music/Jacola side, she has relatives named Violet Melrose and Violet!! I didn't know this when she and I chose her family pet name. She must have sent me mental images of her four Violet's!!