Friday, April 13, 2007

My Beautiful Zelia


Hailee and Violet have a sister named Zelia Orleana Cypress. Zelia is a New Orleans street trash dog with chow and lab in her pedigree. Joel Devine found her and brought her into my life and in the first few months that I had her, she bore a litter of 9 puppies of which 8 survived by a neighborhood dog named Teddy. Teddy was well-named. He was a gorgeaus, fluffy teddy bear and a perfectly lovely agreeable Chow. The morning after the first day I adopted Zelia, she and I took a walk in the cemetary by Commander's Palace because I wanted inspiration in naming her. Zelia chose her own name. She walked everywhere and then sat on the grave of a woman named Zelia. It's been a perfect name for her. And she is without doubt, the perfect dog. She is so smart and kind and loving. She knows how to gladpaw the harassed crowds!