Thursday, August 28, 2008

Big Boy's Halter!


All right, so much is going on right now. I am rescinding my offer on the property I was hoping would become Laurel Wreath Farm. Renny's big boy halter came and not a moment too soon. I showed up at the stable on Sunday and found a cut on his lip, a gash on his neck, and his halter was chewed up and the strap destroyed. He looked perfectly perky and happy, so you know he engaged in some sort of baby boy rumble! I thought I would cry when he moved up to a big boy halter, but it's so beautiful and fits so well that I was proud to put it on my handsome boy. What else? Darla and I agreed to wean our babies next Wednesday on Renny's 4th month birthday! She said I should get ready for drama, lots of drama. I felt so sad for my little guy this morning when I visited. He ran across the pasture to greet me. And he has no idea that this weekend will be his last weekend as his mama's little boy! This summer has gone by so quickly. When I first moved him to Showgate, he was just a little sprite with a cute butt. He still had his baby hair and was tiny. Now he's got a beautiful red coat with white flecks and is a growing boy ready to wean. He's a wonderful creature I'm blessed to know! Another amazing thing is that a lovely woman from England contacted me yesterday based on an entry I wrote about one of Violet's relatives, Winkipop. Anyway, I could go on, but just let it rest that this late August has been one for the record books -- an extraordinary time.