Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Farmers Market on August 16th!


Well, it's Tuesday, August 19th and I finally have a breathing moment to write about this past weekend, the second weekend in a row of canning. I went to the Farmers Market on a beautiful day and purchased my supplies for canning cucumber relish, plum preserves, chow-chow relish, and my own personal recipe Tchoupitoulas relish! You can bet it was a busy weekend of visiting the horses, canning, freezing and dehydrating. I dehydrated peaches and cherries. I froze cabbage, pesto, corn, eggplant, blackberries and blueberries. And I canned those four recipes. So far, I have canned 8 products -- dilly beans, cherries, freezer slaw, okra, cucumber relish, plum preserves, chow-chow relish and Tchoupitoulas relish. I have only 4 things left to can -- tomatoes, peaches, salsa, and raspberry jam. And I've got freezing and dehydrating left to do, of course. So, though I just came off two ridiculously busy weekends and days of processing my winter food, I am now at the apex. I am working through my garden and working through my winter list! It's wonderful!


b