Friday, August 8, 2008

Laurel Wreath Farm Update!


Yesterday, we had a strong soaking rain which the plants loved and which cooled our summer. And this morning, I met Jestin from Kuntry Haven out at the Bishop St. Farm I am trying to buy. He gave a barn inspection and helped me plan out my dreams. He talked about how I could easily prepare the flooring of the hay mow, and how he could create two large Queen-sized stalls good for my girls and for their foaling needs, and then up to 4 additional stalls for my growing family!
He talked about how it was a solid barn in great shape and that the wood was good. He talked about how it would serve my purposes very well. And he and I walked along the pretty little cow lane to the back pasture and he talked about how he could prepare that pasture and take out the wire fence and wire bars and put in my fencing. And he talked about how it was a good pasture, filled with alfalfa, timothy, barley and clover.
The barn and farm was lovely on this crisp, cool, rain-enriched world. I almost am crying right now as I write this entry. I pray my Reed St. home sells, so that I can live on my own farm, close to work, with all my cats, my dog, and my lovely, lovely girls. Four stalls! 2 queen-sized ones! A beautiful large pasture! I could have H and V with me forever and over the years, raise their adorable babies. I pray my Reed St. home sells. I pray my home in New Orleans gets to continue its good work in my life!