Thursday, August 7, 2008

Laura's Kickin' Foals!

This morning I went out to the stable early because I wanted to treat Hailee's hooves, treat Renny's eye, groom him, give him molasses, play friendly game, and lead him into the wash rack. We had a lovely time in his stall in the early morning. The sun was bright, he was adorable. Hailee was mellow. Renny was a little pistol. He stepped right forward when I pulled out his molasses. He totally gets the molasses treat. He let me lead him quietly into the wash rack, spray around him, and then lead quietly (with some naughtiness of jumping on his mom) into the pasture.

I worked on Parelli with Violet. We walked into the woods. We practiced the 7 games. We goofed off by the corn. She crossed a bridge and then backed over it. She was a super girl. And then we rode and I treated her legs. Such a relaxed morning. She went out with Sedona and was just so happy in the cool morning.

Then I took my camera to the pasture and Renny and Ruthie put on a buckaroo show for me. They were adorable. They jetted around the pasture, wrestled, bucked, kicked, and displayed high spirits! I was thrilled that I got some pictures. I felt pretty zen. I am glad Ren is having a summer as a baby horse, goofing off with the mares, learning how to be a big boy, and playing with a buddy!