Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Renny's First Ribbon!


This summer has been magical. Zelia is still my girl, roaming the neighborhoods with her personal panache! Hailee has been a spectacular mother. Violet has been a one-woman thoroughbred show of elegance. My garden has kicked into a second year gear with the introduction of horse poo from last year. The cats are wonderful, including the new Rory. And little Renny has been a true divine gift -- sassy, lovely, sweet, sexy, wonderful!
So, my good fortune was an early morning event when I was in the pasture with Renny and Ruthie shortly after he arrived at Showgate Stables. He had been nervous the first few days about the pasture, the dogs, the new horses, the new location, the larger stall. He knew it was all good, but he was counting on his mom and grandma. And then I got lucky! I was there the morning that he and Ruthie kissed for the first time! I entered that photo in the Fair, along with my Chow-Chow and Corn Relish, and I earned ribbons! What a great year! I got an honorable mention for the photo of the kiss, a blue ribbon for my chow-chow, and a third (out of 3) for the corn relish.
Namaste from this farm-girl. I really enjoyed seeing my picture and canned goods at the Fair. I enjoyed my lemonades, my milkshakes, my pork-a-leans, my french fries. I enjoyed going to the Fair when it was all over and picking up my $5 check for 1st and 3rd place. I enjoyed all that summer has been bringing me!