Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wood County Fair 2008! Renny's First Ribbon!

Okay, so here's the deal. Last summer, I enjoyed riding Violet, planted my first serious garden, canned, dried and froze food, and went to the Fair and saw it as a wonderful community event. And all that last summer, while I was getting in touch with my inner garden, I was dreaming and thinking of little Renny who was in his mom's belly at Barbie and Tom's farm in beautiful Paris, Kentucky.

So, this year, I decided to try to bring it all together. I brought a photo of my first foal crop (little Renny) to the Fair, and I brought a can of chow-chow relish and a can of corn relish, so that I could be an exhibitor at my county fair! What's cool is that you get an exhibitor's pass which lets you into the Fair every day! And what's also cool is that my little photo of Renny kissing Ruthie earned an honorable mention! And my chow-chow relish earned a first place blue ribbon! Now, my corn relish took third out of 3! But you know, you have to be init2winit! So, I am happy about my first year since I was a kid as an exhibitor at the Fair! In these photos, you see people preparing their flower exhibits and you see the beginning of the canned foods being delivered in the morning for the judges to examine! I had just delivered my world famous chow-chow relish!

Here's another cool thing about the Fair! I got to talk with a gentleman from Kuntry Haven construction about coming to see the Farm I am trying to buy. And he discussed me with another person who has stalls and that person called me later that day! I felt very much like a community member, working hard to get a farm, plant a garden, and take care of my critters and horses! Namaste from last year's first-time gardener and breeder and from this year's proud equine grandma and ribbon-winner!





g