Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Taking Care of My Best Girl!



This photo and video were taken during Emily's Spring Break, during a session when Violet would jump 3' for the first time in her life.  She did so well. I was so proud.  She's been a hard-working girl since I adopted her 6 years ago when she was just 3.  We've gone through a lot together -- all fun.  We've done Parelli together.  Learned how to long-line and drive together.  Learned basic dressage.  Learned to jump.  We've developed a good relationship.  So, I've been wanting to start taking better care of her.  So, this week, the week of June 11th, I had a chiropractor and massage therapist come and work on her.  She says that Violet is stiff in her neck and her rear and so we're going to work on that slowly over time with stretches, massage, and chiropracty.  Violet is so intelligent that I can just tell that she understood that we were trying to take care of her and give her a treat -- she had Jackie, Allison, and myself, loving on her and giving her a massage.  Some things caused discomfort, but she was very sweet and funny when something felt delicious or good.  She'd make the happiest little faces.  And yawn and lick her lips.  Jackie said she liked working on Violet because she was very communicative and responsive.  And that is the stone cold truth about my girl.  She has a big big heart.  In fact, several times a week, people will tell me that they entered her stall to clean or do some errand and she comes over to greet and love on them.  Violet is a serene good girl!