Thursday, September 30, 2010

Becoming a Trainer

If I were rich, I would hire Coy to put a full 90 days on Renny and maybe I will end up doing that.  But in the meantime, I simply just want to get the video made of Renny, so that I can begin marketing him.  Though, it's certainly difficult because I don't really want to part with him . But anyway, I do have a point to this navel gazing!  Over the next few months, or until he sells, I will be a big part of Renny's weekly training.  I will be the one helping him with his ground work, cavaletti, ground poles, etc.  And I will be responsible for helping him hone his long-lining skills. And, most important, I will be giving him the vast majority of his training rides.  I don't want him to be nervous or to make any of his experiences negative, so I am going to work on cleaning my body of anxiety when I handle him.  And since I've only had two rides on him so far, I want to work on riding him for a longer time and finally trying out a trot.  This past Sunday, I almost did break out a trot.  I had him coming down the center of our very large riding arena and I just felt ready!  But I didn't do it.  Yet!