Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Renny is Awesome!

Again, some photos and video from Renny's early training days.  I haven't been easy on Coy.  Sometimes when he and Renny have a disagreement, I'm really bent out of shape.  I don't like to see my little guy confused or with his feelings hurt, though I know it's part of the process.  Luckily, those moments were few and far inbetween.  But it became clear by the end of the training that Coy needed to work more with me than Renny.   I was acting more like his Grandma or groom.  After each training session, I would give Renny a bath with anti-fungal shampoo and anti-fungal spray and put triple antibiotic cream on any worn areas by his girth.  And I rub down his legs with aromatic gel and liniments.  And I love love love on him.  Coy says that I need to be much more observant and really appreciate the fact that every single moment I am with Renny, I am training him.  That I need to be vigilant about opportunities to train him to be quiet and good and sensible.  So, each day now, I have to handle Renny and learn how to manage the hard stuff, like picking up and holding his back feet and correcting him in the crossties when he's bored and testing.  I am glad that Coy is trying to make me a "horsewoman" as he calls it rather than a horse enthusiast.  I want Renny's life to be a good one, so I need to help him with all the manners in life he'll need!  I'm grateful that I have the world's best trainer!