Thursday, September 9, 2010

Renny is Advanced

I'm not going to lie.  Sometimes I would get upset with Renny's trainer because he would do things which I thought were super advanced -- like teaching Renny to sidepass beautifully, half pass, halt and back, turn fully on his forehand and haunches.  I'd tell him, quit pushing Renny.  All he needs to do is trot forward a little bit at an even pace for the video.  But I was flat out wrong.  Coy has Renny performing very well and relaxed at all of his work.  He circles beautifully, serpentines, is happy in his upward and downward transitions.  Is happy about a true square obedient non-testing halt.  It's truly an astonishment.  And then finally Coy told me that I had to remember that because Renny was so advanced on all his groundwork lessons that it really wasn't comparable to talk about the first 30 days -- that really Renny  is ready in many respects for tasks that might appear in Days 60-90.  Which made me proud.  And a little sad.  But mostly proud.