Friday, September 10, 2010

I Researched for Renny

Again, video and photos from Renny's early training days.  Earlier this week (August 23rd) when I was having a riding lesson, Stacey and I were chatting about the downfalls of racing and she was mentioning how she hates racing because of how hard it is on horses.  And I agreed, but I said that I kind of like racing because without it, there'd be no purpose really for thoroughbreds and people would care for them even less, in a way.  And we got onto the topic of how horses fall onto hard times and how she doesn't like backyard breeders.  I said that I felt bad that I was a backyard breeder, but I was glad I had Renny.  And she gave me a great compliment. She said that she didn't consider me a backyard breeder because I had researched for Renny and knew what I was doing and that he's turning out great.  She's someone I respect, so I was very pleased for those words.  And I am very very very pleased that I've had this experience with my darling beloved pony. 

Anyway, what's funny about these photos is that he looks so small, but so much has changed in the training month since they were taken -- Renny has muscled up and gotten much stronger looking and better defined along his rear and back.  He's not a tiny baby anymore, he's truly a working green pony!