Saturday, September 11, 2010

Renny was Prepared for School

I like this little photo of Renny getting ready for his morning lesson.  I love this pony and can hardly believe that he's old enough to be ridden.  But I digress.  What I wanted to say is that from the very beginning, Renny's been sensible.  From the very earliest days, when he would squeal and run around the indoor arena back at Breezy Acres and kick and run at the soccer ball, to when he was an angel at his inspection, to the day he let me longe him over cavalleti and long-line him, to the day Coy got on him for the first time, Renny has had nothing but good spirits. 

But to tell the truth, he has been like lots of 2 year-old colts.  On some mornings, early in the process, he would give us the stink eye expression, until he warmed up to his tasks.  And then on other mornings, he would look as sweet as a kitten in cotton from the very beginning.  In this photo, you see happy good boy work ethic Renny, saddling up for his trainer and lesson.  I don't think I took any pictures of stink eye, but it was a good one and not at all easy to mistake for anything other than the teenage version of "you suck!"