Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Renny is World's Best Green Pony

Okay, here again are some photos and video from Renny's first week of training, and I am writing this entry on Day 25, in late August, when Renny has really come into his own.  Coy was really kind to me and let me watch the training and he tells me routinely that part of the reason that Renny is so ahead of the game is because of all the groundwork I put on him.  That he never shows up at a place to train and the horse is absolutely ready to mount.  So, I'll be jumping all over the map in the posts over the next few weeks -- I probably should have been more systematic, but I was really just caught up in the magic of watching Renny be greenbuilt.  But here's what I know -- I knew that this week, the week of August 23rd, was going to be a big one for me.  It's the 5-year anniversary of my accident and Hurricane Katrina.  I'm teaching three classes for the first time in my life.  I was going to be riding Renny myself for the first time.  All good, all exciting, all strange.  I felt like this week was ripe with magic and possibility and spiritual energy.

So, here's what happened on Wednesday, the actual anniversary of my accident.  I received an email from Beth saying that Renny was wonderful.  I had a great riding lesson with Violet and Stacey told me that she and Coy were talking about how amazing Renny is and how hard he's been working and how advanced he is and how my groundworked helped.  And then Gay told me that Mary had watched some of Renny's training early in the day and thought Renny was doing super.  So, you can imagine how wonderful I felt.  And that was just the right kind of magic to bring to Thursday, the day I actually got to climb onto that beautiful sweet hard-working agreeable intelligent athletic pony.  He was light, responsive, willing, but quiet!  I had a great time in the sunshine, riding him in the dressage arena.  I felt like a happy happy girl!