Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Special Moment in Life

d
Renny's training has brought up lots of happy memories for me.  I remember when he was just a teeny tiny guy who would take naps curled up like a cat in the straw or laid out flat at his ma's feet.  I remember when he was a rowdy little guy trying to eat grain just like his mama.  I remember when his mama gave him a big vicious bite and I was so upset with her.  I remember how shy he was about meeting Ruthie and later how rowdy and bossy he was with his herd of teenager thoroughbreds and then super bossy with his herd of baby weanlings.  I have loved him his entire life.  I loved him when he peeked at me when we opened the trailer door at the inspection site, when he stood at the open barn door at that inspection site and gave a "Renny's in the house" whinny of greeting to everyone.  I loved him when he kicked/stretched out at me with his hind leg when he was eating breakfast the next day.  I loved him when he pushed impatiently at me to leave him and his fancy pants mane alone when he was trying to unwind in his home pasture after the trip.  I have loved him constantly.  And I know in my heart, he loves and counts on me too.  I hope that over the next few weeks, I really learn how to ride him well and confidently, so that I can prove to him that he is right to have faith and trust in me -- that he and I from the very very start have always been Team Renegade.