Saturday, January 3, 2009

Boyfriends


Here they are in the depths of late summer, relaxing in their catnip bush in the front walkway. Such happy boyfriends. So handsome. So elegant. So large and in charge! I am writing this entry on October 5th and Arcy has had sort of a rough week. He has a cold, so he's been sneezing and wheezing and so uncomfortable. A few days ago, he was so miserable that he sat of his own free will in my lap as we watched the VP debate. Afterwards I wrapped him up tight in a red blanket tent downstairs. He spent the whole night in that tent, never getting up to join us upstairs in the bedroom. I came down the next morning, and hugged him in his tent, and he got up, stretched, and then walked calmly into the kitchen for a lumberjack-sized breakfast, sip of water, and trip downstairs to take care of his business. I knew he was turning the corner. So, he's still a bit under the weather, but I know he appreciated being fussed over and being put into this intensive care ward red blanket bed. What a sweetie pie!