Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Snow Day!



On Friday, we started to get snow and by Saturday morning, we were up to our ears in about 10 inches of snow! Barbie texted and said that they were going out to the stable to shovel out and give the horses a snow day! So, I shovelled with the help of Joann and her snow blower and went out to experience the festivities! Barbie was sledding with her girls and then 4-wheeling and pulling a sled! The horses were out enjoying the very heavy snow! And I just had a great time! Tom gave me a lesson on lunging with Violet and it was a great day. I even had the fun of driving home in almost white out conditions through the beautiful countryside. The wind was blowing, it was snowing, and drifts were just producing these great grey white blue clouds of snow.
Then later on Saturday evening, I walked into town with my big old snow boots and met Danielle for drinks at Becketts and pool and then shuffleboard at Cafe 149. We visited with Amijo and Angie and had a good pre-semester time! Then I slept in today. I shovelled this morning, made my organic multi-grain pancake mix, and a batch of gingerbread muffins! I meet Annette later for dinner, so I can safely say that today and this weekend has been wonderful! Now I'm going to read the Sunday NYT's with Jackie on my lap!