Thursday, December 3, 2009

Breaking News! The First Few Days at St. George!

I've had a difficult week. But my mom and friends helped me with this hard transition. And now my herd is at St. George. Last night, Tim J. helped me pick up my cart and we delivered it in the rain to St. George. And we decided to say hello to the herd and walked through the barn. He complimented its cleanliness, its brightness, cheerfulness, excellent planning, its free span open nature, its good air for horse health, its fresh green wonderful-smelling hay, the big 50 pound bag of carrots available for anyone to grab to treat a friend.

I was pretty frazzled and not quite ready to relax and enjoy this move. So, as we stood in front of my stalls with my pal, Tim, and this young girl who was loving on Renny and Stacey the trainer telling funny stories about my herd. And my happy happy herd looking at me brightly and with satisfaction from their cozy stalls. And the girls in my herd looking adorable in their matching bright green cozy winter blankets. And the young girl told me she was jealous that Renny was following me around and that I should give him my apple. That's when it hit me that my herd was happy. And healthy. And safe.

And this morning I brought the last of my equipment over. The girls were out in a pasture with four other friends. The grass was lush and the girls were obviously engrossed and content. They did not even give me the time of day! And Renny and I went to play in the arena. He was so interested. He checked out everything and was so mature. He jetted around in beautiful gallops, bucked, high-step trotted. He leaped gracefully over ground poles. And then he let me do a little lesson with him and he remembered everything Coy had taught him beautifully. He stepped backwards with quickness and ease when we did our stops and he lunged around me quietly and obediently at a free easy trot in both directions. I was so proud and happy and relieved I could have cried.

So, I sat on a bench in this beautiful arena and listened to the staff laughing and talking and planning. And the owner came and complimented Renny and laughed at how surprised he was when he discovered that there was someone behind the viewing area. And I listened to some nice stories from the trainer about how well my horses were settling in. And I just felt like an old relieved lady sitting on that bench. We are ready for this new adventure.

And this new adventures begins today. On Renny's 19 month birthday. And he could not have looked more graceful and elegant and fancy. He's really going to turn into a charming and useful show pony. I feel blessed. And I am very grateful for the Higher Power who watches over me and my animal companions and friends and family. Today my herd spent a good horse day. And this weekend, I get to play with my herd and groom and relax with them. And I don't have to do any work other than enjoy them. Other than enjoy their delight at their new home. In these photos, you see my girls relaxing beneath a winter sky and you see Renny hiding amongst the jump standards as he peeks at people in the viewing area. He was so intrigued! Namaste.