Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Renny Tests His Limits


Okayt , so I am writing this on August 30th and Renny had a very busy week. Barbie called to tell me that he had been exceptionally naughty and jerked away from her and ran over her to get to the barn. He knew he was in trouble, so he stopped to eat
grass right outside the barn. For his naughtiness, he got spanked and then tied up for half an hour. I was upset to get that news. Then on Saturday, I had him and his mom out in the indoor ring while I was driving Violet. When we came back from our breezy, cool beautiful drive, Renny was in the aisleway, chomping hay and trying to look casual. He had figured out how to open the gate and his mom was right behind him, wondering whether she could test her luck. It was an excitingmoment with Renny clearly free, Violet harnessed to her deluxe cart, and Hailee wondering! So, anyway, I've decided to officially put him in training starting November 1st when he is 1 1/2 years old. I think he is wonderful. He is incredibly well-behaved and talented for his age 15 months. I know he's going to be a smart, quick study!