Thursday, December 31, 2009

Many Blessings on this New Year's Eve!



Today is New Year's Eve. Tomorrow will be a new decade, 2010! So, I woke up and went to the stable to visit the herd. They were all happy and well and ready to enjoy a new year. I felt very reflective because this year is Renny's second new year and I remember last year very clearly when he was a little guy running around the arena with Sedona, Teawa, B and Lily. He was a happy naughty little fellow. And now this year, he has his herd of boys. This morning the girls both wanted to come into the barn with me for some love and treats. I put them in the indoor arena and they rolled luxuriously in the dark dirt and then bucked, snorted, and ran around like little girlish nut jobs! I love those girls so. I put aloe on Violet's hooves, including the coronet. She still has some heat in the right front hoof, but we are moving in the right direction. My farrier really did a poor job on all three of my horses' frogs this time, so I am going to have to be more direct in my requests. What else? Well, I was feeling a little melancholy at the barn this morning because I keep remembering all of my time with Renny. I remember singing to him before he was born, worrying after him and his mother, seeing his birth, showing him off to the vet on his first day of life, playing soccer with him, and playing loving loving loving him. And now he is such a good sweet intelligent boy who is willing to work! He has such a good work ethic. So, this year I have to focus on training him well, caring for him, figuring out supplements to make him shiny and beautiful and selling him at the pony auction in August. I just can't imagine having him leave me this coming year. But the way I look at it, the soft part of my heart which loves loves loves him needs to rely on the harder part which wants his happiness and is willing to part with him to help him find a family with children to love on him. We'll see what happens in 2010. Much love to you all, much much love from me and the herd and all my other animal companions!