Sunday, December 13, 2009

a Busy Saturday at St. George!



So, this Saturday I went to the stable for a morning lesson with Pan and Stazi. When I arrived, I had to laugh and laugh. As soon as I opened the stable door, I heard Violet's indignant stallion roars and I knew she was upset that Renny and Hailee had been taken to pasture and she was stuck indoors. But she cheered up when she saw me and we had an energetic lesson with Baker and Sheri. I could tell that she liked the new environment and challenges and liked roaming around with two new equine pals. She and I struggled together -- I'm sort of weak and don't have good aerobic conditioning, so I wasn't able to use my strength and relaxation to get her loose and giving. But we still had lots of fun and were just terrific over the cavaletti! Stacey is a good teacher! Then I visited Renny in his gelding herd and he came walking up with happy ears forward! When I brought Violet out to her pasture, Hailee ran like a school girl to the gate just calling and happy-eared. She really likes Violet and having her own personal buddy. Then I sat in the nice viewing area and chatted with ladies and young girls and watched the morning lessons. It was a wonderful wonderful way to pass a Saturday. I just love my new barn and feel very safe there. I feel like my horses are happy, healthy and safe!
Then this evening, carolers came and sang songs to Mrs. Pocket. That put me in such a happy cheerful holiday mood! Namaste.