Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Violet and Carissa


Okay, so this is a photo which was taken on the December 20th Christmas party. This photo made me happy because Violet was relaxed and happy to be with Carissa. And she has been Carissa's buddy ever since. She got to participate in a slumber party with all the wild girls of St. George and was pampered and groomed and photoed and loved. And then on the 26th, I had my farrier come and he cut her too short. So, my poor tender Violet has spent two days now tip toeing around on her hot front hooves. I am giving her bute and hoping for the best. She is too tender to ride right now. I am grateful to be at St. George because tonight I was talking to a pack of four girls and we were playing with my herd and I turned around and Meghan and Carissa had Violet's head in their arms and Vi's eyes were closed in bliss as they stroked her cheeks. Violet loves St. George. And then, because it was my birthday, we chased Renny around the arena and he jetted around like the handsome handsome boy he is with his tail streaming out high behind him as a strawberry blonde and his head high and nostrils flared! So, at the close of my birthday today, I feel a little torn -- I am so thrilled and happy with how cool St. George is and how lucky and happy my horses are -- and I am pretty upset and rattled that my beautiful Violet was cut short and aggressively on her frogs and hooves. I want her to be out of pain and to have her hoof grow back well. Beautiful beautiful loving gorgeaus funny goofy thoroughbred girl, my darling blessing!