Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Breaking News! Violet and I Drive at St. George!





Hi! I just got back from St. George where Violet and I had a wonderful morning. I arrived and as usual their stalls were spotless and my herd was out relaxing and grazing with pals. I retrieved Violet and groomed her and then lunged her in the arena. And then I got her cart and harnessed her. We had a tremendously fun drive in the arena. She was just trotting like a Queen and cantered beautifully. She kept taking the correct lead. The single time she took the incorrect lead, she switched over calmly and resumed her beautiful gathered pace. She's just a marvel. I felt so good being in my cart and enjoying my thoroughbred. The staff were there cleaning stalls and chatting and I just felt happy. I'm in such a nice wonderful stable which clearly makes my horses very happy! Plus Amijo called and said that they would take care of my home critters while I'm gone for Christmas. So, I had a very nice morning. And it was especially nice after our great relaxed drive. Violet stood perfectly still for unhitching and then stood perfectly agreeably still for unharnessing, grooming and reblanketing. She's a rock solid wonderful mare. And then she let me lead her quietly and happily out to her pasture where Hailee came running to the gate to greet her with whinnying joy. A nice nice morning. Namaste!