Monday, April 7, 2008

11 Days!


Welcome to Day 11 of our foal watch! Last night, I had a heard time getting to sleep because I was reading my Foal Primer and it listed that Hailee was going through many of the symptoms of pre-delivery: frequent small pooping, discomfort, stretching or kicking of the legs, change in personality, rolling, frequent getting up and down, etc. I "put it all together" and was worried that she might deliver into her sawdust.

So, this morning, I was determined to put in straw and guess who calls me bright and early to say that she and her mom had dreams about Hailee ? We are all on the same page about getting her stall ready! So, I drove out and had a wonderful little morning start of stripping the stall and then putting straw down with the help of Connie and Norbert. My girls were happy to see me and in good moods. Violet danced and skittered and cantered about when she was put out, and Hailee watched in satisfaction as we set up her stall. She seemed to know right off what this was all about and was happy that we were taking care of her and her baby!

Then when I came into work, I saw an old friend of mine from Evergreen Lake Stable, Linda. She and I chatted about barns, our horses, new foals! It was a great start to my day!

Namaste from all of us!