Friday, April 11, 2008

7 Days!


Today was a windy, grey, raining, threatening, cloyingly warm sort of day! Just the perfect kind of air pressure day to make mares think about having their babies! So, I went into work in the morning where I had a very bad day. And then I went and picked up Hailee's fat topdressing for her food. And then I spent the afternoon with my girls. Hailee just started to show moisture on her teats, and she was such a good girl who let me "milk" her to see how she was doing. Violet was glad to see me and get some grooming and attention. We bonded and relaxed. Even though I am certain it is early, I am going to start sleeping at the stable. Stephanie and I are "on the watch" now and think that based on Hailee's loosening vulva, moistening teats, and definite dropping of the foal downwards that we are really in full motion toward delivery! And why not! 7 days to expected delivery!!!