Friday, April 18, 2008

Due Day + 1! Nitro Plays a Joke!


So, I slept at the stable again last night, and when I saw Hailee at 10:30pm, she was standing straddle-legged and goofy. I thought perhaps that Nitro might arrive! But by the time I saw her at 2 and 4am, I knew that she was comfortably snoozing and snacking away at her bedding. Hailee had no intention of undertaking the responsibilities of Nitro under hoof last night!
This morning, her teats were substantially larger, but still dense and hard! And while I see moisture at their tips, I do not see evidence of sticky wax beads! We are in a quiet holding pattern! But, you know, we are in no rush. We're just enjoying the process. And I have to say that last night, as I would trundle back to the trailer to sleep, I'd stop off and see Violet and she would put her nose against the bars and whiffle, snuffle at me. It was so nice to kiss her nose. She's such a loving girl!
I'm a lucky lady!