Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Due Date + 6! Waiting for Nitro!


Yesterday was Earth Day, so I was feeling very happy. I taught both my classes, worked hard on a final exam for my Methods course, and then visited Hailee and Violet at the end of the day. Stephanie and I conferred about Hailee and updated each other on her status. The world is bright and green and beautiful and preparing for the rebirth and renewal of a new growing season! I am looking forward to my Scottish/Spanish work in my garden, with my foal, and on my house this summer!

Anyway, here are photos of Hailee on the 5th day of her being overdue. She is making sure Nitro is perfect and finished before letting him into this world! Last night, I slept at the stable and when I got up at 4, she was laying down and groaning. So, I stayed with her for awhile and then checked on her a bit later and she was back up and fine. She was eating and jumping around her stall at 6am, like she hadn't had cramps a few hours earlier! I think maybe Nitro is picking up his little baby pace!