Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Violet Brings Her Heart to the Task!




My Sweet Violet is all about the business of rising to a challenge! So, yesterday, she had to put up with her goofy mom. I set up one of the highest jumps for her yet, and then asked her to canter over ground poles and jump the jump, all the while I am just holding onto the lunge line without a whip, and am holding my little Ultra Flip video recorder.

Talk about a patient girl! She paid such close attention to what I wanted and just zipped around over the jump. We were all jerky and goosey, but I think we did great! I wasn't driving her along. She was just cantering on my voice and she was obedient given that I wasn't even looking at her, since I was peering at her through my video. Let's face it! Violet is all that and a bag of chips. She's a super beauty! And smart, smart, smart! She's my royal beauty!