Saturday, April 19, 2008

Due Day + 2! Nitro Says Check Back Later!


Yesterday was a long day. I edited a research paper. I attended a very fun anniversary celebration for the Women's Studies Program and Women's Center, replete with wonderful people, yummy food, good music, and a great group of Middle Eastern Dancers from a freshman class.

Stephanie made it possible for me to accomplish those tasks, by keeping a close eye on Hailee yesterday. So, I knew she was in good hands and I got very good reports about H's progress. Then I slept over at the stable, but still Nitro decided not to arrive just yet! Last night, Violet and I shared snuffles again each time I came into the barn. Such a good girl!

And now it's Saturday morning and I'm getting coordinated for my day's events. I am really proud of myself this morning. I put in a screen in my back door. I did it quickly. Efficiently. Well. It's taut without being too taut. It doesn't have any wrinkles. And the cord is laid down tightly. Then I used a razor blade to shave off the edges, so it looks seamless and professional. I can hardly believe that I did it! Yay for me!