Thursday, April 3, 2008

15 Days!

Hello. Last night, my pets drove me crazy. They decided that they absolutely loved me and wanted me awake all night for petting and cuddling. They never behave that way. But, it gave me lots of time to think about my sweet Hailee and Violet. And this morning, while I was out walking Zelia, Stephanie text messaged me to give me a status report on our pregnant girl!

So, I snuck out to the stable before work to see for myself! It's a crisp, sunny, beautiful morning and my girls were cozy in their stalls, finishing up the last of their breakfast. Hailee does indeed look as though she grew overnight. Baby is putting on the pounds to get ready for this world! And Violet's owie looks pretty good, though I was glad to treat it again.

I am sorry to report that I'm not feeling very zen. I am reminded of that little saying, "The only Zen you find on the top of mountains is the Zen you bring with you." Well, I keep going places at full tilt, but keep forgetting to bring the Zen! But at least I am witnessing!

Anyway, I must say that though it's a glorious morning, I am annoyed with two things. First, that these pictures aren't great. My digital camera is kind of dying on me at a critical time! Second, here's some photos of my fat and dirty mare!! I am going to groom her this evening, both girls, really. I want her sleek, lovely, and well-groomed for her transition to motherhood! Namaste to you! If you read this post, please send a little Namaste thought to me too! I'm a frazzled ol' equine grandma and could use a little spirit boost!