Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Crocuses on Earth Day!




Well, yesterday was lovely. I attended a brunch for the anniversary of the Women's Center and Women's Studies Program, and a Gospel Choir opened the event. Here is their opening song. And I attended a wonderful Passover Meal at the Jacoby's. This was my second year at their home for this festival, and it's one of the most fun dinners I have in a year. The guests are fun! The treats are great! Joe is quite the show man! Elayne is a great and sardonically funny hostess! The boys are really amazing. And Joe hosts a pretty feminist Passover! He makes room on the plate for lesbians and gays, and he has a goblet for Miriam, the prophetess who cared for Moses' charges during their 40 years of wandering!

Then I cared for Hailee last night and I was hopeful she might have her baby. But she didn't! So we are three days overdue! I decided not to post a photo of her today. She's looking pretty shabby! She's got urine marks in her hair, and her back legs, especially the right, are really stocked up with water. My poor girl is in the hard last days of her pregnancy!

But the Gospel Choir, Joe's Passover, the crocuses and daffodils in my yard! All tell me that we are in the season of renewal and blessed quickening of the earth. My beautiful Hailee will have a beautiful foal!