Sunday, April 6, 2008

Violet's Second Ride 2008!


Today was a beautiful Sunday morning and afternoon. I went to the stable and groomed Violet. Hailee was in a pensive, thoughful broodmare mood, so we just let her stroll around and then pick a corner and meditate. No waxing yet, but she feels her baby coming!
Violet and I worked on lunging and then went for a ride. We worked over 6 ground poles and she was terrific. She knew where to place her feet and didn't clink them at all. She was good about stopping, good about transitioning up and down, good about backing. She had one annoyed moment where she pulled on the reins, but I think that's because we simply need to work on trust. I clamp down on her when I've asked her to go, so she gets conflicting information. She just wants to please, so wants to know the order!
Anyway, we had a great time. And when I left them with their afternoon snack, they both seemed like content girls. I am so glad for Spring!